IAMFC embraces a multicultural approach in help regarding the worth, dignity, prospective, and individuality associated with the families we provide
The Overseas Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC) is just an unit associated with the United states Counseling Association (ACA) and ended up being chartered in 1989.
Our membership includes counselors, psychological state counselors, wedding and household counselors and practitioners, social employees, psychologists and psychiatrists. Elements common to members consist of expert trained in guidance or even a closely related area, additional trained in wedding and household guidance and treatment, and a pastime and participation in working straight or tangentially with few and family members systems.
IAMFC is a business that encourages quality into the training of partners and family members guidance by:
- Creating and disseminating publications that are first-class news services and products
- Supplying a forum for research of family-related dilemmas
- Involving a diverse number of devoted professionals within our tasks
- Emphasizing efforts that are collaborative.
- IAMFC has generated probably the most training that is rigorous in wedding and household guidance (including 60 hours of coursework and substantial medical guidance with partners and families); a national/international household guidance & therapy official official certification through the nationwide Credentialing Academy (NCA); a worldwide log in household guidance, the household Journal; an expert group of ethical criteria, expert videos, and printing resources. Continue reading »